Stay up-to-date on the latest CMS changes and how they affect the Wound Care and Podiatry industries by following the blog of Dr. Caroline Fife. We also produce webinars featuring industry experts on a regular basis that you can find listed here.
Lastest Articles from CarolineFifeMD.com
- SARS-Cov2 b1.1.7 Strain May Be More Deadlyby Caroline Fife, M.D. on January 26, 2021 at 1:00 pm
I keep telling myself that we always have more courage and resilience than we give ourselves credit for, and that you don’t know what you are capable of doing until you are tested. This is the test.
- “Do It Yourself” Wound Careby Caroline Fife, M.D. on January 22, 2021 at 1:00 pm
I am curious if you are seeing this in your own practice? I’d love to hear more details from you.
- Tales of the Medicare Disadvantaged #2by Caroline Fife, M.D. on January 12, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Here’s another story from Patricia Han about her Medicare “Disadvantage” plan.
- Tales of the Medicare Disadvantaged #1by Caroline Fife, M.D. on January 11, 2021 at 1:00 pm
I thought that it would be enlightening to have someone with her credibility provide a detailed explanation of the challenges she has faced as a chronically ill person with Medicare Advantage. I am not foolish enough to think that anyone at CMS will listen, but it could serve as a warning to other patients.
- Physician Fee Schedule Updateby Caroline Fife, M.D. on January 8, 2021 at 3:01 pm
The G2211 code (the inherently complex add-on code for evaluation and management - EM) has been deferred to 2024. Instead CMS increased the RVU value to $34.8931, which is 3.75% global pay increase for physicians.
- Please Don’t Shoot the COVID-19 Messengerby Caroline Fife, M.D. on January 7, 2021 at 1:00 pm
In the wake of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s, COVID-19 cases are soaring most places. Texas is not unique (see graph above). In October and early November things were looking a little better and now they are bad again. I work in a hospital-based outpatient clinic, which means that the hospital dictates our policies. They
- Waivers for the Texas Controlled Substance Electronic Prescribing Requirementby Caroline Fife, M.D. on January 6, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Effective January 1, 2021, Texas Health and Safety Code, §§481.0755 requires that prescriptions for controlled substances to be issued electronically unless a waiver has been granted by the appropriate agency.